How to Create a Basic Web Page with HTML
You can create a very basic web page in just a couple of minutes and we will demonstrate how to do that in this tutorial.
1. Open a text editor, e.g. Notepad, and create a new text file.
2. Copy the HTML code below and paste it into the text file.
<title>My Web Page</title>
<p>Welcome to my web page!</p>
3. Add a title to your web page between title tags by editing the text where it says My Web Page.
The title will be displayed in the title bar of your web browser.
4. Add some text between p tags by editing the text where it says Welcome to my web page!.
This text is the content of your web page and it will be displayed in the browser window.
5. Save the file with .html extension, e.g. mypage.html, and your web page will be ready for publishing (i.e. uploading to your server).
You can also preview your web page on your computer by opening it with a web browser.
More HTML Tips
How to Create a Basic Website with HTML How to Edit an HTML File How to View HTML Source Code of a Web Page How to Add HTML Elements to a Web Page How to Declare Doctype for an HTML Document How to Add Attributes to HTML Elements How to Add Headings in HTML How to Add Comments in HTML How to Add Horizontal Lines to a Web Page How to Add Paragraphs in HTMLHTML Tips